Sunday, April 15, 2007

Rome in a Day

Can Rome be done in a day. I say yes, yes it can. On a Saturday in May we've opted to go off on our own rather then do a group tour of Rome.

I've been plotting out our course with the help of Rick Steve's Rome 2007. We'll start our walking tour
(or Vespas if we can swing it in the allotted time) from the Piazza Navona, to the Pantheon, Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps. Then a cab ride to Capitol Hill, the Colosseum and the Forum then over the Tiber river to Trasteveri and back to Piazza Navona where we'll meet up with our group for a private tour of the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel.

And today I put on my new strapy sandals and I tried on all of my formal options for the Black and White Ball on board ship. I can't believe it's only three weeks away. And I can't believe we'll be in Venice. I'm so excited. We've seen the sun rise on the Indian Ocean and the shores of Zanzibar, and now from the canals of Venice we'll enter the Adriatic Sea and be off on our Riviera adventure.

Another journey to far away places where we can bask in the cultures of other lands and experience different ways of life. To live a life fully. Me and my sweetie pie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another good resource for planning your day in Rome would be the Travel Channel guides -- in specific, "Passport to Europe with Samantha Brown". And your timing could not be more perfect, because it will be showing on the Travel Channel on Wednesday, April 18, at 12:30 pm. Plus, the accompanying online travel guide listing sites and landmarks, coffee shop and restaurant recommendations, can be found here http://travel.discovery.com/tv/samantha-brown/guides/europe/rome.html

I am soooo looking forward to your own travel log and pictures when you and Will return. What a wonderful experience. I know you will have a great time!