Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year 2008

At the beginning of each New Year I wonder what surprises will come my way. Where I will travel to, what I will encounter, and ... where I will get the strength to fight my battle. Fortunately my battle is, what, I was going to write "small". But is the battle with my weight small? Is this where I pick up the phone and "call Jenny"? I know what needs to be done and I know why. It's maintaining that effort, because it is a huge effort, that is so tough. And those who have never fought this battle can never really know how much it takes to take it on. My opponent.

However, I will take it on. And I will lose weight and the benefits of that will be apparent. I will ride my bike and have the stamina and strength to roll more than just a 2 mile loop. I will hike the trails and cobbled streets wherever it is I travel to and handle the elevations with relative ease. I don't want to always be the last one up.
So, on to a happy and healthy 2008. I'm ready for whatever comes my way. The wondrous and lovely daily adventures and delights, to the difficult decisions and challenges of life.

No comments: