Sunday, November 09, 2008

Thinking and Sketching

Not much to report on this weekend. Leaving Will at home to watch the Alabama game on Saturday, I thought I might make a trip to Chinatown to stock up on some Plum tea. Also in need of a tea bob and thinking about holiday "stuff" I headed downtown. Nice day for it too. With last weekend's rain and the strong breezes we've got some blue blue skies.

Last week we signed our loan docs and picked up the big check. Now I'm looking at some of the details of the renovation project. We're starting with the upstairs where most of the work will take place transforming the cramped space in the dormer to a generously sized bathroom, and I've been thinking and sketching some floor tile detail. I found a black and white tumbled marble pinwheel tile for the shower floor and I will also use it as a border on the bathroom floor, which is a white and black pinwheel tile. Then we'll have subway tile along the sink wall and inside the shower walls, and this mammoth 75" pedestal tub.The work is scheduled to begin in January. And I think about how fortunate I am to be in a position to take this on right now, when so many people are over their heads in debt and losing their homes. I worked hard to get here and I don't take it lightly. I know this is an old house and that we may encounter problems along the way. We're ready for that and I've built allowances for it, as much as possible, into the budget. I've got a sensible plan and a reasonable budget and a good contractor to make it all happen.

No comments: