Saturday, November 19, 2005

Toasty

It was nice to be home this weekend and I'm looking forward to cooking Thanksgiving dinner. I've been preparing the menu for a couple of months already. And today I made the trip to Gelson's to get the birds and herbs, pumpkin, yams, and nuts and such. I've decided to make stuffing from scratch. Chestnut stuffing (if I can find chestnuts). Otherwise it'll be walnut stuffing. Seems easy enough. Bread and herbs, nuts, butter, celery, onion, chicken stock. Tonight I tore about 6 slices of Country Potato Bread into pieces and spread them on a baking sheet and toasted them in a 375 degree oven until golden brown, then let them cool. The Sage, Rosemary and Thyme are hanging out to dry for the seasoning. It smells heavenly.
The bread came out nice and toasty. Results are good so far.

No comments: